Chief Executive Officer
As Seed of Hope enters an inspiring season of new growth opportunities, we are seeking an exceptional Chief Executive to build on our strengths and sharpen our strategic vision.
Since 2003, Seed of Hope has recognized the power of equipping local community members to overcome challenges, and collaborating with them to create a promising future. As a Christian community development ministry we produce long lasting change by approaching health, educational, economic and faith issues holistically.
As CEO, you will embody and articulate principles of healthy development and lead the organisation and stakeholders in applying them to build thriving communities. Your demonstrated fundraising ability and skill in networking will create new partnerships and avenues of growth. Seed of Hope’s collaborative leadership culture will be a fit for a leader who equips and inspires people to take initiative and contribute to solutions. Your robust Christian faith gives you strength and wisdom to lead in a rapidly changing and challenging context.
• Provide strategic leadership to the organisation in collaboration with the Board of Directors;
• Oversee program management and administration by building on a strong culture of equipping leaders;
• Lead fundraising and future development, and give oversight to financial management;
• Build partnerships and increase public awareness and involvement in the work of the organisation;
• Uphold and champion the core Christian beliefs and values that are central to our holistic development approach.
• Strong track record of successful strategic leadership of a growing organisation, influencing and building capable teams;
• Experience and understanding of asset-based approach to community development;
• Identification with the mission and values of Seed of Hope;
• Confident, gifted communicator (both written and spoken).
• Full-time, with requirement of flexible scheduling to accommodate the needs of the organisation and partners.
• Based in Amanzimtoti/South Coast/South Durban area with own transportation.
• Requires occasional travel within South Africa or internationally.
• Primarily weekdays, with generous staff leave over summer school holidays.
Seed of Hope is rooted in the Durban south coast, with a reach that extends to rural KwaZulu Natal and beyond. Our diverse staff and volunteer team represents a unique multicultural and international mix, unified by a sense of mission and family. We enjoy serving, laughing and praying together with our colleagues and our community. As CEO, you will enjoy a rare opportunity to lead an inspiring team, build on a well-established foundation and achieve truly remarkable transformations in many lives through this unique ministry.
Letters of application and CV’s can be uploaded (PDF format only) at www.theseedofhope.org/jobs and must be received by Monday, May 30, 2016. Please note that this advert may close earlier than advertised, so you are encouraged to send a CV to register your interest.